Are you interested in becoming a Family Child Care Support Coordinator?
- Possess a Department of Early Education and Care Lead Teacher Certification
- Early Childhood Education degree
- Knowledge of the family child care prototype
- Familiarity or experience working with adult learners
- Supervisory skills
Support Coordinator Characteristics:
- Enthusiastic in helping Educators set and achieve educational/professional development goals
- Possesses the ability to set professional boundaries yet have empathy
- Has a teamwork philosophy
- Communicates clearly and effectively with both written and spoken communication
- Excellent time management skills
- Visiting licensed family child care Educators in their program settings on a monthly basis to provide technical support, validate enrollment, model positive care giving, enhance curriculum development and offer support around program/child assessments.
- Support and participate in the development of training topics for Educators’ licensing requirements. Perform professional development trainings that are diverse in early childhood educational topics.
- Job Candidates must have reliable transportation and be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include some evenings or weekend visits.
- Bi-lingual communication skills are not always necessary but are an asset to the position.